Quickbooks is a wonder for all those businesses which are of small and medium-sized and are still struggling to manage their accounting data. This software is very much helpful for adding due dates and reminders for the payment of your bills, and also helpful in printing out cheques and attaching their bank account for easiness. Quickbooks error 3371 are the consequences that are being developed on routine bases which cause hurdles in your working process. But 3371 is an error that is mainly caused because of license error in Quickbooks.
The errors are maybe 3 types-
- (Error code 3371)- This can be because of missing and damaged files because of which Quickbooks is unable to load the license data.
- (Error code 3371- status code 11118)– Quickbooks is unable to load the license data because of missing and damaged files.
- (Error code 3371- status code 1)– Quickbooks is unable to load the license data because of missing and damaged files.
Red signal for error 3371
- While having this error your window will automatically get crashed with an error of 3371 error.
- An error message of Quickbooks error 3371 will be displayed on your screen.
- The system starts getting slower and slower while having this error.
- The screen starts freezing or not able to attempt any other function while having this error.
The main causes of this error: 3371- Unverifiable license issue
- This is one of the prominent reasons while getting stuck with an error is that the required data files are damaged.
- This is also one of the reasons is that the MSXML component might be corrupted.
- The outdated and damaged antivirus or firewall program is also one of the reasons.
- A file of Quickbooks had been mistakenly deleted.
- Installation procedure maybe not appropriate.
- Issues can be in your windows operating system.
Solutions of the error-3371
Below are the given best solution to get rid of 3371 error code-
Solution 1. Update your windows with the latest version-
This is one reason which might affect the processing of your QuickBooks program. For updating the software you might have to follow a series of steps given under-
- Login to your PC as the administrator
- Click on the start button
- Go to programs and then clicks on window updates.
- Download all the updates for your window
Solution 2. Renew your entitlementdatastore.emcl file by deleting the older one
- Shut down all the processes of Quickbooks.
- For making sure that other Quickbooks process is not running follow the below-given steps-
- Open the task manager for more details
- Now go to the process tab and sort out the processes by pressing the process name alphabetically.
- Search and select the EXE file and then click on end task
- Go to the entitlement data folder and delete it-
- Press window + R key to run the particular program.
- Now enter the file location “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6)” in the type of file you want to search and then press Enter.
- Now the EMCL file will open and will appear on the screen right-click on it and select the delete option from the drop-down list.
Solution 3. Install the Quickbooks diagnostic tool
Basically, this tool is specially meant for repairing damaged and corrupted files and applications. For the installation, purpose follow the below-given instructions-
- Download the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool from the official intuit site.
- For initiating the installation procedure double click on the downloaded file.
- After the installation procedure opens the file.
- As and when you had completed the installation procedure it will automatically detect and repair your damaged files.
These are the best solutions for curing the errors of 3371 (i.e- licensing issue) which will surely help you in sorting out your problems.
A few points here-
- If you are a pro advisor with multiple copies of Quickbooks then your solution might be a little bit different, as you need to re-register for each and every version of Quickbooks installed on your computer.
- This problem will only affect the work station that has a configuration change. Rather than that if you are in a network environment with a separate computer in this situation others system will not be affected.
Key takeaway Points-
The above-given solution is the best way to get rid of the error- 3371. And if the situation persists again then you can take advice from any Proadvisor who is having some technical knowledge about Quickbooks.